I'm knee-deep in emailed queries this morning. It's my own fault. I have not been as diligent as necessary. I've endured several more queries about the "abused woman composer." I sure would like to know the back story there. I'm working through queries sent in May and should be into June by the end of the week. Progress is being made.
I'm still receiving queries for the following genres. PLEASE DON'T SEND THESE TO ME:
- Fantasy. If they are not contemporary, I'm not interested.
- Science fiction. Send them to email@example.com, not me.
- Attachments. If they are not requested, I won't open them and will delete the entire email.
- Loooooong queries in tiny print with no paragraphs. Ugh.
- Thrillers (with lots of car chases, espionage, and explosions). Ugh. Send them to Jon. (See above.) He's a real guy and often enjoys this stuff.
Sorry to keep harping on this kind of thing, but it makes the entire process much smoother if we all understand each other.