It's Query Tuesday--gird your loins, for I'm on another rant!
- Three more "abused woman composers," my personal burr under the saddle.
- Several queries to "Kate," "Kay" and K. "Treinster." Does it really take that much time to get the agent's name spelled correctly?
- Oh, the bad grammar out there. It's even worse in some cases, than the spelling. Forgive me if I'm harsh, but if you're querying me you want to be a writer, correct? And, as a writer, you know the tools of your trade, correct? Then why or why do we continue to get queries that an 8th grade grammar teacher would throw out?
- I'm still getting "querries," "quaries" and "quares." Huh?
- "I have a fabulous fantasy about a wizard and dragons. Interested?" NO. Contemporary fantasy only.
- Guilt trips, oh, my heavens, do I hate guilt trips. "Dear Ms. Tienstra: I'm at the end of my rope; you my last hope. Please, please take my book."
OK. I'm done. I love queries, I really do. But what I really love is when y'all get it right!