Jon and I will be doing a workshop at the Garden City Library just outside of Boise, Idaho on Thursday, June 19. I'm not sure of the time yet. It will be early evening. As soon as I have definite information I'll post it here. Meanwhile, here's a quick description:
FROM QUERY TO CONTRACT: ANATOMY OF A BOOK DEAL
A 1-hour workshop designed for writers of fiction and nonfiction books.
Jon & Kae Tienstra
KT Public Relations & Literary Services
· What can a literary agent do for me?
· Should I try to query publishers without an agent?
· Are emailed or hard-copy queries best?
· Should I include a synopsis and sample chapters with my initial query?
· Should my fiction book be complete before I query an agent?
· Should my nonfiction book be complete before I query an agent?
· How long do I have to wait for an answer when an agent has requested a partial or manuscript?
· What can I expect from a publisher and agent after my book is under contract?
These are just some of the questions that will be covered in this informal and informative workshop presented by Jon and Kae Tienstra, book publicists and literary agents. The agents will present a brief program followed by a question and answer session. Interested authors can sign up in advance for a 5-minute “interview” with the agents after the program.
Please come see us if you live in Boise or will be in the area. We'd love to meet you!
Rare Books Dealer Abe Books Reveals Its Most Expensive Books Sold This Year - [image: les-maitres-de-laffiche]AbeBooks.com a site that sells used and rare books has revealed its list of the 50 most expensive books sold this year. ...
1 hour ago